Thursday, July 31, 2008

Business Strategies Goals, Homework and Discussions

Welcome to Business Strategies Reply and Discussion Site

If you found your way here then you are a part of a wonderful opportunity and group who wants to grow their Business with others who have the same goal. From now until the end of Sept. we will work together to focus on business strategies that will create habits of success. We will share our experiences, struggles and bring honesty, openness and authenticity to our site.

Have fun with this - since what you do should first of all be a passion along with some FUN!

Let's get started!

Homework for the week of July31 - Aug 6
1.) Select the HBB you want to focus on and why you chose that business over the others? (If you only have one business then list that here)
2.)Post your Goals by answering the following question: (Be VERY specific)
* What do I want my business to provide?
* Why is this important to me?
What challenges will I have to overcome to begin moving toward my goals?
* Whose help and support do I need to achieve my goals?
* How much do I want to earn per month?
* How soon do I want that income?
* How many hours per week will I commit to my business?
Session 2: August 7
3.) Work in your business this week and find ways to talk to 3 people EVERY DAY about what you do. Next week we will ask you how this activity worked for you. Be ready to share your experiences and share your challenges!
Answering the above questions will create the framework from which you will build the rest of your strategies. Keep your goals in mind as you work through the week. Print them out and post them in front of you at home - post them on the refrigerator - in the bathroom and in the car. Keep them in front of you so that every time you look at them or go anywhere you think about what you can do to move forward. This is not about being aggressive, it is about becoming aware of WHY you got into this in the first place.

4 comments:

Johanna said...

Discussion points from session on July 31

This is what you had to say
Causes of stalling:
* Fear
* Not trying
* Not trying your best
* Making up negative result

What you want to take away from this workshop:
* Take what I learn and USE it
* Improve my business
* Grow beyond manager & help others grow to
* Stop negative talk
* Create a strong future for myself and my family

thank you for sharing and I look forward to your answers!

Unknown said...

I have only ever done Princess House. My step mom talked me into giving Princess House a try and when I wanted to quit after 6 months my dad told me I should give it more time. That was 21 years ago. My husband has been very supportive over the years. When I thought of quitting I always thing of “who will take care of my customers”.

What do I want my business to provide? I would like pay off my credit cards.
This is important because my husband would like to changes careers and I want use to be out of debt before he does that.

My biggest challenge is my fear of getting on the phone. I always feel like I am bothering people. I also need to get better at following up.

I am not sure that I need any ones help or support; I just need to get focused on what I really want.

I would really like to make $1000 a month and the sooner I make that the sooner I can pay off my credit cards.
To make this money I need to do at least 2 shows a week. Which means at least 6 hours.

Johanna said...

August 7th - Discussion and Homework to be completed by next session on Aug. 14th

Today, we talked about:
Creating a Contact List:
* Your spouses's friends - women and men
* Family members - close and far away
* friends, neighbors and coworkers
* Past coworkers
* Membership books
* Classmates in school
* Organizations you belong to
* Your address book, holiday card list, wedding invitation list

Don't Prejudge whether or not they will support you - you may be surprised! They could become your best customer or your STAR consultant.

Next, Prioritize your List:
Hot List - People who want results and may become consultants
Warm List - May not want the opportunity now but could become a good customer
Cold List - May not be interested in either but they could always give you a referral

Now it's time to develop your Business Story and Product Story

* No more than 30-90 seconds

Business Story first: Write it out like you are talking to a friend
1. Write down your reason why you got into business
2. How your business is changing your life
3. What was your success in the first 30, 60, and 90 days
4. If this business is not right for you then, who do you know?
you can always change your business ending for people who you know are not interested to, "I'm looking for the right people to join my team as I expand here in (city)

Product Story:
Use for clients and prospective customers
1. Tell them your history with a challenge or issue
2. How were you introduced to the products
3. Which product/service did you experience first
4. Time fram in which you began to see results
5. Top 2-3 results (save the best one for last), then
6, Say, "And, the best part is .... (my skin has never looked or felt better) Of course, you will replace that with your own product/service line.

Additional Tips:
* use Three-Way Calling and ask team members or your sponsor to help you
* Learn your team members and sponsor's stories

Homework:
Answer the Product and Business Story question to develop your own story. Post your stories here on the blog or email me - I will look them over, critique and send them back to you.

Remember, they should be short, consise and to the point - no longer than 90 seconds and preferable 60 seconds.

Next Week:
1. polish our stories
2. We will discuss
* Preferred Customer Program Language
* Product Language,
* Referral Language, and
* Recruiting Language
3. How to Reach Out EVERY Day to build your business

Johanna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.